The Economic Diversification Fund was established through the Citizenship by Investment Programme as one component of a national capital mobilization portfolio, with the goal of national development for Dominica.
Generated funds are utilised for public and private sector projects where a need is identified.
Public sector projects identified for financing under the Programme include, but are not limited to,
(1) the building of schools,
(2) hospital renovations,
(3) the building of a national sports stadium, and
(4) the promotion of the offshore sector. With respect to private sector projects, the Government’s focus is on tourism, information technology, and agriculture.
To qualify for citizenship under this investment option, the following contribution amounts are required, depending on the number of dependants included in the application:
- Single applicant: a non-refundable contribution of USD 100,000
- Main applicant and spouse: a non-refundable contribution of USD 175,000
- Main applicant with up to three qualifying dependants: a non-refundable contribution of USD 200,000
- Any qualifying dependant of the main applicant, other than a spouse: a non-refundable contribution of USD 25,000 per dependant
In addition to the contribution made into the Economic Diversification Fund, certain fees are also payable including, but not limited to, due diligence fees.